This blog is about ree-ality. da truth. that deal. And, since JESUS is the truth, views are a reflection of my beliefs. If you don't agree with me, just pray that the eyes of my understanding be enlightened.

Sunday, February 26, 2006

Dis-education of the black man

I was at work the other day when a lady near me was in her office checking her voicemail, left by none other than a male black. Unfortunately, she was unable to return his call, or forward his message to the appropriate department because....NO ONE COULD TRANSLATE WHAT THE HECK HE WAS SAYING. We are able to interpret about 10 "you naw mean"s and "you nawm sayn" (you know what I mean, you know what I'm saying) In between, I believe I made out a complaint about a judge doing his boy wrong, because his boy is trying to do right and the judge put him in jail anyway. hmmmm....right.

The lady actually put the voicemail on speaker phone to see if anyone else could make out the rest of the mumbo. I couldn't even figure it out, and I've spent mad time on the east side of Detroit. (J.N.) anywho, it was an embarrassment. Who do I blame? no, not the president...hip hop

Pray my strength....

3 Comments:

Blogger Adam R. Crawford said...

It's too bad I wasn't there. I could have translated it. I speak jive.

26 February, 2006

 
Blogger The Southern Oracle said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

27 February, 2006

 
Blogger The Southern Oracle said...

you can't blame it on hip-hop or the artists per se. it gets down to role models. these youngsters have no role models, and no sufficient role models/parental figures in their lives. hip hop is flashy, and most importantly available for whoever "wants" to be led in some fashion. hip-hop does a lot of good for some individuals, and sends out a lot of positive messages. you may not believe this since you are obviously anti-rap, either that or you listen to the wrong stuff. ex. your neighborhood is constantly plagued by these bad youths (crimewise) who are seen almost 24/7 at the neighborhood gas station doing nothing. just because you know something in which they are affiliated, you don't go and blame the gas station, do you?

27 February, 2006

 

Post a Comment

<< Home