This blog is about ree-ality. da truth. that deal. And, since JESUS is the truth, views are a reflection of my beliefs. If you don't agree with me, just pray that the eyes of my understanding be enlightened.

Monday, February 27, 2006

Dear Mr. Hip Hop...... I absolutely HATE YOU!!

They (young people) do have role models...some of these artists on the videos. Overall, I disagree that there is a positive message in hip hop. Since when was it positive to glorify poverty, pre-marital sex, illicit and illegal, drug and alcohol consumption, possession, and distribution, and murder. I think it's more than a coincidence that hip hop is a common denominator in the lives of a lot of black youth.

Since when is it positive that more black men are in jail than in college? That the black community is dying with AIDS? That black kids' fathers don't want to acknowledge their paternity?

Why is it positive that artists like Kanye West make ignorant statements on TV, and is supported by masses of people who have no idea what's going on? When is it positive that rappers are calling themselves "hova" and mocking God?

Why is it positive that young black girls want to be like Beyonce, who sows seeds of lust into the hearts of men by shaking provocatively, and wearing no clothing, and then turn around and rep God? (but that's a whole nother show)

Why can high school kids memorize the lyrics to these crazy songs, like Laffy Taffy, and I'm in love with a stripper, but can't get their times tables? Why is school and education not cool, but hustling, bustling, and running from the cops is the thing to do?

And why are little boys running around reciting raps about women, weed, money, and the artists getting rich off of the hood's exploitation?

hip hop=the destruction of a people

I was reading some song lyrics yesterday on a website: www.exministries.com It was absolutely ridiculous. And black people wonder why black people aren't getting ahead...and wanna blame everything on "the man." We're keeping ourselves down with this kind of ignorance. "My people are destroyed by a lack of knowledge" (Hosea something). And the wages of sin BE death!! This black people is why many of us are dying.

I could do 10 more entries on this....consider this an intro. P.S. I'm not coming against rap music. Cuz I love some positive rap artists: Cross movement, Canton Jones, Marcus Pittman, and more.

1 Comments:

Blogger The Southern Oracle said...

You need to peep my page Mz. Outtatouchwitreality. lol.

27 February, 2006

 

Post a Comment

<< Home