This blog is about ree-ality. da truth. that deal. And, since JESUS is the truth, views are a reflection of my beliefs. If you don't agree with me, just pray that the eyes of my understanding be enlightened.

Monday, September 26, 2005

article on black men in church

http://www.detnews.com/2005/editorial/0509/25/A21-325982.htmInteresting article on black men being alienated by black churches. Thought you might be interested in reading it.

One of my WHITE homies, Adam Crawford from law school, sent me this article on black men in church. Now, some stuff in the article I was feeling. Particularly, I really feel that the church could play a bigger role in attacking urban crime. Especially with Bush's faith-based initiative funding, it's a great opportunity for the church to set up church-affiliated task forces and organizations to attack inner city crime. Many black churches are sitting right in the hood, and can't get not one thug delivered.

However, the little part on preachers and benz' and stuff--probably written out of ignorance.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home