This blog is about ree-ality. da truth. that deal. And, since JESUS is the truth, views are a reflection of my beliefs. If you don't agree with me, just pray that the eyes of my understanding be enlightened.

Friday, July 01, 2005

FRIDAY, day to chill with time to kill

....hmmm. I have a tendency to meet the world's most interesting people. At least I feel like that's who I'm meeting. So anyway, I met a man at Panera Bread today who told me that I have expressive eyes, and that any guy I've ever dated who never told me that was not paying very close attention to me. He said I looked like I had a lot to offer from the inside of me. I think he felt the anointing. His last name was Solomon, one of the names for one of my boys.

I didn't do much today. I went down the street and got an all naturale fruit smoothie, and then went to this consignment shop. I bought a skirt, and then man gave me a bunch of stuff for free, like a pair of brand new shoes that I saw and liked in CHinatown.

I was thinking about the kids at juvenile a lot today. Some of those kids have seen some seriously rough times. This one boy was telling us how he was the oldest of seven boys, and he was tired of seeing his mom struggling, which is why he started selling drugs. This other boy said he did it to support his daughter. Two boys told us why they and their brothers jumped their fathers. THis other boy said his daddy was an OG, and him and his brother better not try to jump him. I just want to pour all I can into them while I'm here. Hopefully, I'll get to do one of my abstinence and peer pressure lessons with them. A lot of them joined a gang and started selling drugs because everyone around them was doing it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home