This blog is about ree-ality. da truth. that deal. And, since JESUS is the truth, views are a reflection of my beliefs. If you don't agree with me, just pray that the eyes of my understanding be enlightened.

Monday, June 20, 2005

A DATE WITH DESTINY

Excitement abounds! Okay, so today we went to the youth house. (a local detention center--largest one in the state) There were only a few girls there. Now, some of the little boys were trying to holla. Some seemed really nice and sweet. Some were putting on a show. It was interesting--the bloods and crips had separate living facilities, but they attend their classes jointly. The Warden--super cool guy--says we should all come back and give back to the kids there, because a lot of them don't have anybody. He asked me what I do and I told him I play music. However, it looks like I'll be back there next week with another girl to teach the guys a poetry class. We decided to prepare a poem to bring--I already know which one I'm bringing.

Today I got my first appeal. A silly simple assault case. Because of the light sentence, I wouldn't have even appealed it, but the defendant did--her money. Anywho, my oral argument is scheduled in the courthouse in mid-July. I'm quite excited about arguing it, making sure justice is served. : )

ANywho, I was excited about today because I've found a way to work with kids while I'm here in Newark. Even though they are locked up kids, and I can't exactly take them for a stroll and picnic in the park, at least I have the opportunity to impart something into some young lives. Sow a seed, reap a harvest. God will give the increase. I love kids, even those charged with murder and stuff.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home