This blog is about ree-ality. da truth. that deal. And, since JESUS is the truth, views are a reflection of my beliefs. If you don't agree with me, just pray that the eyes of my understanding be enlightened.

Thursday, June 30, 2005

DETENTION DEFICIT DISORDER

I kicked it with the kids at the juvenile center today. I fell in love. They were awesome! I went with two other girls Jamie, who shared a video about the country, and Sharry, who read a Gwendolyn Brooks poem. I read an original piece. THey liked it, and related it to the Bible. It was so cute. ANother boy shared a poem too, and the Warden was teaching the Word. We gave them a homework assignment. Mine was that they had to find a verse in the Bible, memorize it, and then say how it applies to their life, or how it can apply to their life. It was the first thing that came to the top of my head. If they don't know it, they may have to do some push-ups or something.
THey were adorable guys, even though some of the people their (mainly people who work at the front) treat them like animals. Yeah, there were a couple of guys we met today in for murder, but most were drug related crimes, or car theft. They were highly intelligent, which a lot of people would probably be surprised about. ANyway, I'm going back next week. The warden kept saying that people like us is all they got. I don't want to get too attached, seeing that I'll have to leave them in about a month. I hope they're all there next week, and not sent off to the state pen or anything.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home