This blog is about ree-ality. da truth. that deal. And, since JESUS is the truth, views are a reflection of my beliefs. If you don't agree with me, just pray that the eyes of my understanding be enlightened.

Wednesday, June 15, 2005

DON'T TALK TO STRANGERS

This is not my motto. No, I don't trust everybody I come across. In fact, I trust very few people. I believe my time spent thus far in Jersey has had an effect on that. It just seems like there are so many criminals here. Maybe because the court I work in alone deals with about a hundred each day, not to mention the other courts in the building that see people too.

My caucasion audience probably doesn't understand that I used to feel comfortable in urban settings, and uncomfortable in rural ones, because you thought of rednecks and KKK and stuff like that. But it's like black people's crimes don't make sense, they rob from each other, and other races. So I've concluded that the hood really aint the place to be either. I got angels, but I want them to at least have a break sometimes from having to provide for my daily protection.

Anywho, so back to the strangers thing. One of the reasons I don't have trouble seeing new places is that I don't have trouble meeting people. It's real easy to strike up conversations with friendly people. I've met some cool people here in Jersey. Me and this girl from the office went shopping the other day, and we're supposed to go hang out in NYC one weekend. Plus, I met one girl from church already. I've met my neighbors. I've been invited to a plethora of social activities at the prosecutor's office.

A LIST FOR THE FELLAS: Top 10 indications that a girl may not want you
1. She gives you the wrong name
2. She gives you the wrong phone number
3. She runs away when you approach her
4. Every time you ask her out she's washing her hair
5. She refers to you as "that boy"
6. She'd rather stay in tonight and read the paper
7. When you ask for her number she offers her email instead.
8. You call her and a message comes up indicating that that party isn't receiving calls at this time from your number.
9. There's always static on her line when she answers the phone
10. Everytime you call, she answers the phone with the "calling in sick to work" voice

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home