This blog is about ree-ality. da truth. that deal. And, since JESUS is the truth, views are a reflection of my beliefs. If you don't agree with me, just pray that the eyes of my understanding be enlightened.

Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Da hicks, sticks, and docks.....

Ok, so I realized today more than ever.....I'M A CITY GIRL!!!! And nothing is going to change that, I don't think. I live in St. Louis city now, and I'm more comfortable with the drug dealers in my neighbor's front yard than I am with three men in a truck with a large confederate flag emblazened upon the rear window. I'd rather encounter the bloods than the KKK.

I interviewed for a position in a county in rural MO that the world doesn't know exists. The court building was smaller than my house...and I saw the same number of black people that are probably on the moon right now...I sat and answered questions intelligently, as I wondered if the head prosecutor's nightlife included burning crosses on front lawns.

But...I had a good time....and the people I did meet were very very nice. But, I must admit that I was not operating in the highest level of comfort that life has to offer. I wasn't afraid, or sad.....just felt a little out of place. I was so happy to arrive on Enright today.....no place like home.

1 Comments:

Blogger K.Lynn said...

I'm trying to understand the title :-/
Maybe it's not meant to be understood. I must say your blogs always give me something to do at work besides WORK!!!
:-)

14 September, 2006

 

Post a Comment

<< Home