This blog is about ree-ality. da truth. that deal. And, since JESUS is the truth, views are a reflection of my beliefs. If you don't agree with me, just pray that the eyes of my understanding be enlightened.

Thursday, June 22, 2006

ANKLES

This really isn't meant to be funny.....Why don't old people have ankles? I don't understand it...do they fade with time? Will I also lack ankles one day? Being scientifically challenged, I just wonder if there's some explanation of which I'm unaware.

Anywho, I ran into one of my old buddies today in the part of town called "the loop." Now, I've known this cat since we were 12, and I've always known a lot about him. He's very intelligent, and articulate, a hood cat, but I don't think he was ever pushed to maximize his potential. Unfortunate, because I really feel there is soo much he could do. He plays chess down at Panera Bread with a group of old guys. I personally was gonna sit down at the table and play but I hate embarrassing men.

But, seeing him made me think about a lot of people. Nothing bothers me more than unused potential. UGh!!! Especially among talented black men...

I think I'm going to start an ankle stretching routine, just to make sure my ankles stay firm and tone....

2 Comments:

Blogger nosthegametoo said...

"Hate embarrassing men"? You sure about that? Perhaps you've learned about Man-pride, and how it needs to be nurtured like a delicate flower. Perhaps.

But you make an interesting point. The next time I spot some old folks on the street, I'm going to look at their ankles.

More importantly, I'd like to know this: At what age do old people receive their license to be mean card?

I want one of those.

23 June, 2006

 
Blogger K.Lynn said...

What do you mean they don't have ankles? Is it just really fat from their calfs to their feet? Kinda like those people that don't have necks?

I think neck should be spelled with a silent "k" in front of it.

Knecks...yeah...knecks...that looks cute :-)

26 June, 2006

 

Post a Comment

<< Home