This blog is about ree-ality. da truth. that deal. And, since JESUS is the truth, views are a reflection of my beliefs. If you don't agree with me, just pray that the eyes of my understanding be enlightened.

Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Soccer....old people...and other randoms

Okay, so I watched the last 10 minutes of the US world cup soccer game today. TO my surprise there were quite a few brothers on the team. Now, I know that the best soccer players in the world have skin color like mine. However, a lot of black Americans seem to shy away from soccer, for some reason. Either way, one of the players even resembled an Eastside Detroiter, complete with the braids and platinum grill! (okay, he didn't have a platinum grill) It was pretty interesting though. I like soccer players.....enough said.

For the fourth time in about 10 days, a man in his mid life crisis asked me for my phone number. I used 15 minutes to explain to him why we were in different walks of life. He told me that the guys my age don't know how to treat a woman, and I should try someone older. I think I'll take my chances....especially if I had to settle for a man that made me feel like I was out with my father...EW!!!! I can't imagine getting my first...um...in depth kiss in years from ....a father figure. How disgusting! Anywho, I also told the man my family wouldn't approve, and he said that his age would be our little secret. He was persistent, but I was equally resistant. I had J.Neal in mind, who says the male needs a stroking of the ego. I just couldn't find it within myself to stroke this one....it was too gross. Sorry JN. I hope I haven't let you down.

1 Comments:

Blogger K.Lynn said...

So, he resembled a person from Detroit's Eastside huh? Now was that a stereotypical comment jdjanelle??? I mean I feel you though. But, I'm curious...what does a west side Detroiter look like? And what do you know about Detroit anyway???!!! LOL j/k You know plenty.

Why is it that blacks don't play much soccer, hockey, lacrosse? My cousin was the first African-American to play varsity lacrosse at his suburban Atlanta high school. And this was in 2002!!!

14 June, 2006

 

Post a Comment

<< Home