This blog is about ree-ality. da truth. that deal. And, since JESUS is the truth, views are a reflection of my beliefs. If you don't agree with me, just pray that the eyes of my understanding be enlightened.

Monday, March 20, 2006

Is there a heaven?

Well, I've been thinking a lot lately about my priorities. Here's why....
I posed the question to myself, if we really believe that Jesus is coming back any second now, would we really ever sin? Does that mean people say they believe, but in actuality don't believe?

Today as I thought about life's everyday stresses, like the stuff in the middle east, financial issues, school, job, relationships, career, the bar.....the usual stuff, I thought to myself, if I knew that this time next year I would be in heaven, would I even let this stuff bother me?

I know it seems like a strange thought process, but I'm starting to see that many people don't think about the end of the earth, or rapture, or heaven. I think because they seem like scary topics. It's always hard to conceptualize that which you don't understand. And, there are many spiritual issues that the human brain just can't fathom. We just won't know til we get there...and the unknown can be kind of difficult to think about.

TO be honest, I don't really like thinking about it either. I really like life as it is, give or take a few things. And going into gray areas has never been fun for me. So, I guess confusion has tried to hit with regards to how exactly to conduct my day to day affairs.

Maybe I could use some advising

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home