This blog is about ree-ality. da truth. that deal. And, since JESUS is the truth, views are a reflection of my beliefs. If you don't agree with me, just pray that the eyes of my understanding be enlightened.

Monday, October 24, 2005

inspired by J.N.'s poetry

Okay, it's interesting how everyone in my age group is talking about singleness, dating, marriage, etc., a whole lot lately. It seems like I can't have a conversation with anyone without it coming up. It's kind of cool to know I'm not the only one thinking about it.
My thoughts--well, I know that I'm definitely happy as a single now, but one day, maybe in a year or so, I wouldn't mind dating some ...mighty man. I know that I never ever ever want my heart broken again, so the next relationship has to be a mature one. I also think that the man I marry has serious vision being birthed on the inside of him for the black community and urban youth. How do I know that? It just seems like it would have to be, since that it what is so strong on the inside of me.
I also know that any man I date has to read the following: (1) THe Five Love Languages, Gary Chapman(2) Myles Munroe, Purpose and Power of a Woman, and (3) Dr. Creflo A. DOllar, THe Successful Family. Why, cuz we are going to do this thing right! Right, Dana?
Those requirements alone probably just eliminated over 95% of black men. : ) (jk) Would I date outside my race? Probably , but right now I certainly prefer not to.

Anywho, as for right now, I wouldn't mind having a guy friend to talk with, study with, hoop with, and all those fun things that friends do. Question to the readers: do you think women with degrees are still considered to be intimidating?

1 Comments:

Blogger nosthegametoo said...

I suppose when you get to your mid-twenties, we all start thinking about building a future family.

28 October, 2005

 

Post a Comment

<< Home