This blog is about ree-ality. da truth. that deal. And, since JESUS is the truth, views are a reflection of my beliefs. If you don't agree with me, just pray that the eyes of my understanding be enlightened.

Saturday, July 16, 2005

remember tgif

WHen I think about Fridays, I think about how me and my brother would chill on the couch and watch the TGIF shows when we were younger. When we got older, Friday became Chinese night, and my mom would order some CHinese Food after work, then we would watch TGIF. Then in highschool, some Friday nights I would have basketball games, or other school related activities. Otherwise, I would catch a BUlls game--I love Jordan. In the latter years of high school, I went to a few school dances that were on Friday nights. THey were mad fun.

In college, Friday night I was either chillin somewhere with one of my roommates, partying, or at someone's house kickin it. I've always been one for hype social gatherings. I wasn't like a party animal in my first couple years of college, but I could certainly appreciate getting cute for a fun night out with my homies.

My first year in law school, Friday nights were often spent at the law library. How horrible, but I would feel stressed until I got my Civ Pro done, and had to at least start Contracts, since I was often one of Barnhizer's favorite targets.
But if I ruled the world--and I kind of do--I would pick at least four fridays out of the year to gather all my homies from across the country, and chill, talk, share talents, poetry, songs, raps, and share about the goodness of God in our lives. It would be like a big slumber party, and the next morning we would get up, and I would cook everyone a veggie-based breakfast, and we would eat it by the fireplace. ahhhh, sounds good. : )

Anyway, this Friday, I went to the prison, had to stay saved on this chic from the office, turned in my directed study paper (pray my strength), walked in the park, washed my hair, and now...i'm at panera, thinking about how i'd rather spend my friday. Well, praise God for imagination.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home