This blog is about ree-ality. da truth. that deal. And, since JESUS is the truth, views are a reflection of my beliefs. If you don't agree with me, just pray that the eyes of my understanding be enlightened.

Monday, February 11, 2008

love and maturity

I was so immature in college...and highschool....just all the way up until life hit. I had no direction, no goals, no people skills. I was sociable....I liked going out. But I was rude to people. Didn't know how to empathize with the pain of others. It sucks. I wish I could go back. I remember a friend whose mother died while we were in college. I wish I could go back and do more for her. Pray for her or offer her a shoulder to lean or cry on or some flowers or something.
Sometimes its so easy in this world to get caught up in yourself. It's frustrating. I think relationships bring out the best and the worst in people. The best because your S.O. (significant other) reminds you and rewards you when you are good to them. But the worst, because sometimes your shortcomings, personality flaws, ideosyncracies ( did I spell that right?) can hurt the people closest to you.

But, I love being in a relationship. It's the ultimate challenge to please another person without completely losing yourself. And its a challenge to love another person constantly, during good and bad times. Its the ultimate challenge, the now most people don't conquer.

1 Comments:

Blogger Adam R. Crawford said...

If you think you had bad social skills in high school and college, you should have seen me. I was a huge loser.

12 February, 2008

 

Post a Comment

<< Home