This blog is about ree-ality. da truth. that deal. And, since JESUS is the truth, views are a reflection of my beliefs. If you don't agree with me, just pray that the eyes of my understanding be enlightened.

Thursday, January 05, 2006

I think I love books and movies

Have you ever had like 10 books you wanted to read right this moment? I kind of feel like that right now, but I only read 1 at a time so I make sure I get everthing. Right now I'm reading Confessions of St. Augustine. Why? I like reading people's stories of "finding" God. It's an interesting read. The coolest thing is that some of the same issues prevalent in young people today were faced by Augustine in like 400 A.D. I thought that was cool.

I was reading Discover WHo You Are or something like that. It's this book about PURPOSE! It teaches you how to recognize the gifts inside of you, the career paths you've pursued, the things you like to study, to help you understand how God can use you in the body of CHrist. It's a really cool, practical book.

Movies: right now, MADAGASCAR is at the top of my movie list. My 3 yr old nephew made the whole family watch it over and over during Christmas. It's great! But I would like to purchase the Gospel also. I want to see the Narnia movie

Other books on my future reading list:

5 Love Languages 4 singles
The Millionare Next Door
Screwtape Letters
The Lady, Her Lover, and Her Lord
not to mention, Secured Transactions, Landlord Tenant Law, and Criminal Procedure because of my upcoming courses. : )

1 Comments:

Blogger K.Lynn said...

God is soooooooo good!!!!!!

I know exactly how you feel about reading. I just want to read so much, but I can't read everything at once. Then, I don't know what to read first. So, I have to pray on that. God has a way of allowing me to purchase a new book. Then, instead of reading that he shows me a book purchased a while ago that I never read that pertains to a certain area of my life. He rocks dude!!!!!!!

Movies........you know I don't do that animation thing. I'm not too fond of fantasy type stuff. Narnia...I'll pass :-)
I wanna see Cheaper by the Dozen 2 though!!!!!!!!!!

08 January, 2006

 

Post a Comment

<< Home