This blog is about ree-ality. da truth. that deal. And, since JESUS is the truth, views are a reflection of my beliefs. If you don't agree with me, just pray that the eyes of my understanding be enlightened.

Monday, December 15, 2008

Reflections

Why was I bad as a kid? Well, it didn't really happen until those tween years. I think peer pressure was to blame. I wanted to create a reputation for myself I guess....who knows. I just remember:

7th grade was the first time I was suspended from school...suspended for fighting Tammy. Funny, we hung out a couple months back. I got sentenced to in school suspension a few times--throwing food at lunch, skipping class; running from security guards, mouthing off, the list goes on.
8th grade I was suspended for helping a few other girls pull Deandre's pants down. I really don't remember my roll in that, but I thought I just held one of his hands......who knows.
9th grade I was suspended twice....I think both were due to "insubordination".....which happened to be the only word in the principal's vocabulary. ooh, low blow. I probably didn't break any school rules that year, at least none that anyone saw. They just didn't like the fact that I often chose my own way of doing things instead of the teachers who were sent to guide me.

They probably should have just given me better, smarter teachers that 9th grade year, who could have challenged me, and I probably wouldn't have had so much to say.

And then of course, were the times I found myself in trouble with the coach.....only because teachers are tattletales. Interested that it got to the point where they told my coach instead of my mother....probably a smart choice.

How many times have I been in a principal's office? I can't count. Why did the principals and security guards all know who I was? no idea...I wasn't a threat to academia; only to those who had trouble concentrating when an intentional distraction was made. I didn't smoke weed, or sell it; didn't have sex; didn't bring a gun to school....I remember on the last day of the 9th grade school year, the principal had me come sit in her classroom for the last hour of the day, only to make sure I didn't get into any trouble.


So back to the reason behind it all....I still don't know. Maybe it was a cry for attention; maybe my flesh really is an all out rebel, moreso than I ever thought. Possibly, I wasn't academically challenged, my mind was malnourished, and I had to create my own secondary learning experience. Sometimes it was fun; sometimes it was scary. If at the time the principal's could've beat my tail they probably would have, and likely would have enjoyed it exceedingly.

The important thing is I've grown up and changed, and the Lord helped me do that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home